Loansathome UK was a doorstep lender in the UK that offered small, short-term loans to borrowers who preferred to make repayments on a weekly or monthly basis. Loansathome UK was a trading name of S.D. Taylor Limited, which was based in Bury, Greater Manchester.
Loansathome UK specialized in providing loans of between £200 and £600 to borrowers who may have had difficulty accessing credit through traditional lending channels. The loans were usually repaid over a period of 34 weeks or 50 weeks, depending on the borrower’s preference, and repayment was collected by a Loansathome UK agent who visited the borrower’s home on a regular basis.
However, Loansathome UK stopped accepting new loan applications in June 2020, and its parent company, S.D. Taylor Limited, went into administration in August 2020. The Loansathome UK brand and loan book were subsequently acquired by Non-Standard Finance (NSF), a specialist lender in the UK, in October 2020.
Who Were S.D. Taylor Limited
S.D. Taylor Limited was a doorstep lender in the UK that traded under the name Loans at Home. The company was based in Bury, Greater Manchester, and specialized in providing small, short-term loans to borrowers who preferred to make repayments on a weekly or monthly basis. Loans at Home was one of the largest doorstep lenders in the UK, with a network of agents across the country.
In June 2020, Loans at Home stopped accepting new loan applications, citing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its business. In August 2020, S.D. Taylor Limited went into administration, with administrators appointed to oversee the winding up of the company’s affairs.
In October 2020, the Loans at Home brand and loan book were acquired by Non-Standard Finance (NSF), a specialist lender in the UK. NSF is continuing to service existing Loans at Home customers, but is not accepting new loan applications under the Loans at Home brand.
Alternatives To LoansAtHome
If you are looking for alternatives to Loansathome, there are a few options you could consider:
- Provident Personal Credit – Provident is one of the largest doorstep loan lenders in the UK, offering loans of up to £1,000. They have a network of agents across the country, and repayments can be spread over 13 to 52 weeks.
- Morses Club – Morses Club is another well-known doorstep loan lender in the UK, offering loans of up to £1,500. They have a network of agents in more than 250 branches across the UK, and repayments can be spread over 20 to 50 weeks.
- Loans2Go – Loans2Go is a lender that offers a range of short-term loans, including doorstep loans. They offer loans of up to £1,000, with repayment terms of up to 18 months.
- Oakam – Oakam is a lender that specializes in providing loans to individuals who may have difficulty accessing credit through traditional lending channels. They offer loans of up to £5,000, with repayment terms of up to 36 months.
- Credit unions – Credit unions are non-profit organizations that provide financial services to their members, including loans. They offer a range of loan products, including doorstep loans, at more affordable rates than many traditional lenders.
It’s important to compare loan options and read the terms and conditions carefully before agreeing to a loan. It’s also essential to carefully consider the costs and risks before taking out any form of credit.